LIPS 2018 VENUE
LIPS 2018 VENUE
The LIPS 2018 Conference is held at the Clark Kerr Campus of the University of California in Berkeley. All sessions will meet in Building 10, either in the Garden Room or in the Executive Dining Room. The Clark Kerr Campus is located just South of the University’s main campus.
UC Berkeley – Clark Kerr Campus (Building 10)
2601 Warring Street
Berkeley, CA 94720
- San Francisco International (SFO) – 25 miles, about 40 minutes (barring traffic!). From SFO, you can take our Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) to Downtown Berkeley Station; a one-way trip costs $10.30 (blue ticket) or $9.80 (Clipper).
- Oakland International (OAK) – 15 miles, about 30 minutes (barring traffic!) From OAK, you can take our Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) to Downtown Berkeley Station; a one-way trip costs $9.30 (blue ticket) or $8.80 (Clipper).
- San Jose International (SJC) – 45 miles, about 70 minutes (barring traffic!)
If you can avoid the need to park a car, please do so. Parking spaces in the Southwest Parking Lot of the Clark Kerr campus are very limited. Parking in the Southwest Parking Lot costs $20/day and spots are available on a first-come first-served basis. Note that participants in other events may need parking too.
Street parking is available but spaces are hard to find and the time limit is two hours maximum.
Please share a ride or take public transportation. Here is an area map that shows BART and AC Transit bus lines: http://www.actransit.org/pdf/maps/version_41/city_map.pdf
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART): Trains operate from Fremont, Richmond, Bay Point/Concord and San Francisco/Daly City and include service to San Francisco International Airport and Oakland Airport. The Berkeley BART station is 1.5 blocks west of the Berkeley campus and about 1.5 miles/2.4 km (~35 minute walk) from the Clark Kerr Campus.
- AC Transit bus service provides transportation for commuters to and from San Francisco and throughout Alameda and Western Contra Costa County. Several AC bus lines that come near the campus area such as lines 79 (stop closest to Clark Kerr) and 36, 51B, 80, and 851.
Find more information about UC Berkeley at https://visit.berkeley.edu/
including suggestions for lodging at https://visit.berkeley.edu/lodging-and-dining/
or google “Lodging near Clark Kerr Campus.”