LIPS 2018 Conference Topics
3 to 6 December 2018 – Berkeley, California
Lean Government Framework
Lean in Public Sector Higher Education
Lean in Public Sector Construction
Lean in Public Sector Transportation
Lean in Public Sector Contracting
Leading Lean Transformation in Public Sector
LIPS 2018 Keynote Speakers – Top-leading Lean Worldwide Experts
- Glenn Ballard: Founder of Lean In Public Sector (LIPS), Co-founder of the International Group for Lean Construction (IGLC), the Lean Construction Institute (LCI), and the Project Production Systems Laboratory at the University of California, Berkeley (P2SL).
- Michael Bade: Associate Vice Chancellor – Capital Programs at the University of California San Francisco. Chairman of the Board of the Lean Construction Institute, and is past President of the San Francisco Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, the San Francisco Chapter Board, and of the California Council of the AIA.
- Renee Smith: Director of Workplace Transformation, Governor’s Office, State of Washington.
- Howard W. Ashcraft: Partner, Hanson Bridgett. He developed, with other experts, the theoretical and practical underpinnings for Integrated Project Delivery. Adjunct Professor at Stanford University in Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- Tariq Abdelhamid: Chief Lean Performance Officer, Associate Professor of Lean Construction, School of Planning, Design and Construction, Michigan State University.
- Alan Mossman: Lean Expert, Director, The Change Business Ltd, Stroud, UK
- Kismet Weiss: Continuous Improvement Leader at Arizona Department of Transportation, Arizona.
- Charlene McArthur: Chief Administrative Officer, Idaho Transportation Department, Idaho.
- Pekka Petajaniemi: Director at Liikennevirasto / Trafikverket / Finnish Transport Agency
- Lauri Merikallio: Partner at Vison Oy, Helsinki Area, Finland
- Luis F. Alarcon: Professor of Civil Engineering at the Catholic University of Santiago, Chile. Director of the Production Management Center (GEPUC) and the Interdisciplinary Center for Productivity and Sustainable Construction (CIPYCS) at the Catholic University of Chile.
- Raghavan N: Professor of Practice, IIT Madras (Chennai), Director, Institute for Lean Construction Excellence (ILCE), India.
- David Umstot: Umstot Project and Facilities Solutions, LLC, La Mesa, CA
Applying Lean Management in the Public Sector
The 4-day event includes a combination of presentations, case studies, experiential learning simulations and discussion by internationally renowned industry leaders. On day 4, a morning field trip is planned to a lean project location.
Applying lean thinking and lean production to the public sector aim to provide value for the government, companies and supply chain partners alike. In addition it aims to improve efficiency with a resultant increase in the profitability of the supply chain through a focus on eliminating waste and improving the reliability of planning and work flow. The conference will bring together case examples from around the world.